The London International Horse Show, Olympia, is the UK’s best equestrian Christmas party with over 80,000 people visiting every year. The show is the only event in the UK where you can enjoy FEI World Cup ™ Legs for showjumping, dressage and now carriage driving.
Olympia is even more special this year as the Show celebrates their 40th birthday at the Olympia Halls since it was re-launched in 1972. It will be an action-packed event with Olympic medal winners competing in both dressage and jumping, and all the Team GBR medal winners parading on the Wednesday evening. Promising to be a truly special evening, the British medallists will help to commemorate the recent highs seen at the Olympic and Paralympic Games, and throughout 2012.
The Reem Acra FEI World Cup™ Dressage Leg, supported by Horse & Hound, takes place on 17th and 18th December - starting with the Grand Prix. The top placed 15 combinations in this class will contest the following night’s Reem Acra FEI World Cup™ Dressage Leg – Freestyle to Music, one of the highlights of the British Dressage calendar and a fitting finale to a momentous year.
The British riders competing at Olympia this year are:
•Nikki Crisp and Pasoa
•Richard Davison and Artemis
•Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro
•Michael Eilberg and Half Moon Delphi
•Carl Hester and Uthopia
•Hannah Biggs and Weltzin
On Saturday 22nd December the Rolex FEI World Cup ™ Showjumping Leg, presented by H&M, takes place. The London International Horse Show features five whole days of showjumping from 19th – 22nd December with many of the worlds top showjumpers making an appearance, the British entries are:
• Scott Brash and Bon Ami, Hello Sanctos, Ursula XII
• Peter Charles and Murka’s Nevada, Murka’s Ode de Frevent
• Tina Fletcher and Hello Boyo, Hello Sailor, Unique IX
• William Funnell and Billy Angelo, Billy Congo, Billy Grand
• Ben Maher and Aristo Z, Noctambule Courcelle, Tripple X III, Vadeline
• Laura Renwick and Kavanagh IV, Oz De Breve, Parvati de Breve, Roller Coaster III
• Nick Skelton and Big Star, Heracross, Unique
• Tim Stockdale and Corlando O Cavallini, Fresh Direct K2, Fresh Direct Kalico Bay
• John Whitaker and Argento, Lord Of Arabia, Maximillian
• Michael Whitaker and Antello Z, GIG Amai, Mcb Maya
• Robert Whitaker and Catwalk IV, Cisero, USA Today, Waterstone
• Guy Williams and Depardieu Van’t Kiezelhof, Larino 0087, Richi Rich III, Titus II
The Extreme Driving FEI World Cup ™ Leg, supported by Hugh and Karen Scott-Barrett, take place on 19th and 20th December. Britain’s wild card entry, Daniel Naprous, makes his debut appearance at the World Cup Qualifying event having earned his place by winning the selection event, the British Masters Driving competition, last month.
Olympia will be celebrating Great Britain’s tremendous successes in all equestrian disciplines during the evening performance on Wednesday 19th December. Promising to be a truly special evening, British medallists from across all sports will be part of an inspiring Medal Parade to commemorate the recent highs seen at the Olympic and Paralympic Games, and throughout 2012.
Tickets for Olympia, The London International Horse Show, are on sale now and can be purchased by ordering online at www.olympiahorseshow.com or by telephoning the box office on 0871 230 5580.