The British squad selected for the CSIO 5* FEI Furusiyya Nations Cup show in La Baule, France which runs between 12 – 15 May 2016 are as follows:
- Scott Brash, from Peebleshire with Hello M’Lady, a 10 year-old bay mare owned by Lady Pauline Kirkham and Lady Pauline Harris.
- Joe Clee,who is based in Belgium, with Ludwig Criel’s 12 year-old bay stallion Utamaro d’Ecaussines.
- Ben Maher from Bishops Stortford with Diva II, an 11 year-old British Bred chestnut mare owned by Tatiana Korsakova.
- Nick Skelton from Alcester, Warwickshire with Big Star, the 13 year-old bay stallion owned by Beverley Widdowson with whom Nick won Team Gold at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Michael Whitaker from Whatton, Northants with Cassionato an 11 year-old grey stallion also owned by Beverley Widdowson.
The Nations Cup competition takes place Friday 13 May 2016 at 14:00 hrs local time and the Grand Prix on Sunday 15 May 2016 at 14:00 local time. The Chef d’Equipe accompanying the squad will be Di Lampard, the World Class Showjumping Performance Manager.
Further information on the show, and full results once the show is underway, can be found by visiting www.labaule-cheval.com .
Full information in respect of the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup series can be found by visiting www.fei.org.
FEI TV will be showing live footage from the event. To access this please visit www.feitv.org.
The British Showjumping Teams are supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme.
The World Class Development Programme underpins World Class Performance and, together with the Equine Pathway, they comprise the Equestrian World Class Programme, incorporating the three Olympic sports of dressage, eventing, showjumping and the Paralympic sport of para-equestrian dressage. The Programme has been funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, through Exchequer and National Lottery funds, via UK Sport since 1998.