The British squad selected for the CSIO 5* FEI Furusiyya Nations Cup show in Lummen, Belgium which runs between 27 April 2016 – 1 May 2016 are as follows:
- Joe Clayton from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, with Con Man JX, a 9 year-old bay gelding owned by Sarah Billington.
- Joe Clee,who is based in Belgium, with Ludwig Criel’s 12 year-old bay stallion Utamaro d’Ecaussines.
- Jess Mendoza, who is based in The Netherlands, with the British Bred 15 year-old brown mare Spirit T owned by her mother, Sarah.
- Robert Smith from Warwickshire with his own 11 year-old bay mare Bavi who will be making her debut on a senior Nations Cup team.
- John Whitaker from Huddersfield with Ornellaia, an 11 year-old bay mare owned by Team Harmony who will also be making her first appearance senior Nations Cup team appearance.
The Nations Cup competition takes place Friday 29 April 2016 at 16:00 hrs local time and the Grand Prix on Sunday 1 May 2016 at 14:00 local time. The Chef d’Equipe accompanying the squad will be Di Lampard, the World Class Showjumping Performance Manager.
Further information on the show, and full results once the show is underway, can be found by visiting www.jumpinglummen.be .
Full information in respect of the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup series can be found by visiting www.fei.org.
FEI TV will be showing live footage from the event. To access this please visit www.feitv.org.
The British Showjumping Teams are supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme.
The World Class Development Programme underpins World Class Performance and, together with the Equine Pathway, they comprise the Equestrian World Class Programme, incorporating the three Olympic sports of dressage, eventing, showjumping and the Paralympic sport of para-equestrian dressage. The Programme has been funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, through Exchequer and National Lottery funds, via UK Sport since 1998.