The newly appointed Senior Eventing Selection Committee, composing of Dan Hunt (Chairman of Selectors) Sarah Bullen, Jeanette Brakewell, Gill Watson and Nigel Taylor, would like to invite riders who meet the criteria below to apply for the 2017 FEI Nations Cups squads. Combinations for the eventing Nations Cup team will in future be selected by the newly appointed Senior Selection Committee to provide continuity across the selection process while still providing an open and transparent system. If you meet the following criteria please apply via the details below:
- Horse/rider combinations from past and present form in CIC3*, CCI3* and CCI4* who achieved a minimum of a top 25% place.
- Hold a current and valid British Passport.
- Have been granted a licence by the National Federation of Great Britain to compete in International Events according to Article 117 of the FEI General Regulations.
- Are qualified for the forthcoming Nations Cups, horses can be owned by any nationality as they take on the nationality of the rider for a Nations Cup.
- Neither horses nor athletes are for any reason not allowed to take part in the forthcoming Nations Cups under BE, BEF, or FEI rules.
- Horse/Rider must be eligible according to the minimum eligibility criteria as defined in the FEI Regulations (Annex 2 BE Members’ Handbook).
Please email your expression of interest to Gemma Harriss Gemma.Harriss@britisheventing.com with the following information:
- Your name and that of your horse/s.
- Which Nations Cup events you would like to be considered for.
- Please apply for each Nations Cup you wish to be considered for at least five weeks prior to the event.
22 - 23 April 2017 CICO3* Montelibretti (ITA)
17 - 21 May 2017 CICO3* Strzegom (POL)
25 - 28 May 2017 CICO3* Houghton Hall (GBR)
31 May - 4 June 2017 CICO3* Tattersalls (IRL)
30 June - 2 July 2017 CICO 3* Wiener Neustadt (AUT)
8 - 9 July 2017 CICO3* The Plains (USA)
19 - 23 July 2017 CICO3* Aachen (GER)
10-13 August 2017 CICO3* Le Haras du Pin (FRA) (Addition)
22 - 24 September 2017 CICO3* Waregem (BEL)
5 - 8 October 2017 CCIO3* Boekelo (NED)
The GBR eventing teams are supported by the British Equestrian Federation’s World Class Programme, funded by UK Sport through the National Lottery. The Programme focuses on identifying talent, developing potential and maximising medal-winning performances on the world stage. The GB Nations Cup team are funded and supported by the World Class Programme, however selection onto a Nations Cup team does not constitute an automatic invitation to World Class Programme training or onto the World Class Programme (selection criteria for this Programme can be found on the BEF website).