This week will see the Longines FEI Eventing European Championships play out against the stunning backdrop of Blair Castle in Perth, Scotland (10-13 September 2015).
The twelve-strong squad was announced earlier this season; all twelve athletes compete as individuals, the team of four athletes (who contest the team event) will not be announced until after the trot-up has concluded on Wednesday 9 September.
The British athletes competing are;
- Laura Collett (25) from West Berkshire with Mrs Diana Chappell’s Grand Manoeuvre
- Dani Evans* (23) from Bristol with Mrs Luana Edge’s Smart Time
- William Fox-Pitt (46) from Sturminster Newton, Dorset with Mrs Catherine Witt’s Bay My Hero
- Pippa Funnell MBE (46) from Dorking, Surrey with Mrs Jennifer A Nolan, Miss Ruth McMullen and her ownSandman 7
- Kitty King (32) from Chippenham, Wiltshire with Jane and Frank Inns Persimmon
- Wills Oakden* (25) from Fife, Scotland with Mr David Kenwright and Sylvia Douglas’ Greystone Midnight Melody
- Gemma Tattersall* (30) from Horsham, West Sussex with The Soul Syndicate’s Arctic Soul
- Izzy Taylor (32) from Banbury, Oxfordshire with Miss Susan Holroyd and Ms Frances Carter’s British Bred Allercombe Ellie
- Oliver Townend (32) from Ellesmere, Shropshire with Mr P J Hegarty’s Fenyas Elegance
- Francis Whittington* (37) from Crowborough, East Sussex with Mrs Catherine Witt’s Easy Target
- Nicola Wilson (38) from Northallerton, North Yorkshire with Mary & Gerry Kemp and Mrs Janine Shewan’s One Two Many
- Holly Woodhead* (21) from Marlborough, Wiltshire with Ian and Heidi Woodhead’s DHI Lupison
*Athletes making their Senior Championship debuts
Part of UK Sport’s National Lottery funded #EveryRoadtoRio series, supporting British athletes’ preparation and qualification for Rio 2016, this summer’s event is the last major Championship before the Olympic Games, where GBR will be represented having already qualified a team spot after the World Equestrian Games last year.
Equestrian Team GBR is supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme; the British teams are very grateful to the support they receive from official Team GBR suppliers Dodson & Horrell, Equi-Trek, Equiline, Land Rover, NAF, NuuMed, Point Two Equine, Tagg Equestrian and Toggi.