Di Lampard, the World Class Showjumping Performance Manager has announced her squad of five that will be travelling to Dublin, Ireland for the eighth leg of this year’s Europe Division One CSIO 5* Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup competitions. This will be the last of four competitions within the series where Great Britain will be competing for crucial league points with the aim of assuring themselves a place in the final in addition to inclusion in next year’s series.
The CSIO5* competition at the Dublin Show will commence on Wednesday 5th August with the Nations Cup scheduled to take place on Friday 7th August at 15.00 hours local time. The Grand Prix will then take place on the final day of competition, Sunday 9th August, at 15.00 hours local time.
The squad selected is as follows:
- World No1 Scott Brash MBE from Peebleshire with Lady Pauline Kirkham and Lady Pauline Harris’ 9 year-old bay mare Hello M’Lady
- Ben Maher MBE from Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire with Tatiana Korsakova’s 10 year-old chestnut mare Diva II or Jane Clark’s 9 year-old bay mare Sarena II
- Spencer Roe from Lincoln, Lincolnshire on Sally Roe’s 12 year-old bay gelding Wonder Why
- Michael Whitaker from Whatton, Nottinghamshire with either Beverley Widdowson’s 10 year-old chestnut gelding Calcourt Falklund or his own 13 year-old chestnut gelding Viking V
- Robert Whitaker from Sidcup, Kent on Mandy Hall and Clare Whitaker’s 12 year-old brown stallion Catwalk IV
Further information on the show and for results once the show is underway can be found by visiting http://dublinhorseshow.com/.Full information in respect of the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup series can be found by visiting www.fei.org
FEI TV will be showing live footage from the event, to access this please visit www.feitv.org. The programme will also be shown at a later date on Horse & Country TV. Please visit www.britishshowjumping.co.uk and click on ‘What’s on TV’ for broadcast times.
The British Showjumping Teams are supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme.