British Equestrian Vaulting have announced the athletes who will compete at the senior European Championships and junior World Championships this summer.
The senior vaulters will compete alongside dressage, jumping, reining and driving athletes in Aachen, Germany, 20-23 August, at the FEI European Championships.
The team is headed up by Hannah Eccles and Lucy Phillips, who represented Great Britain at last year’s World Equestrian Games in France; whilst the other announced combinations all make their senior championship debut.
Andrew McLachlan, who represents GBR at his first senior championships, had success at junior level taking Individual Bronze in 2012 and 2013 and Pas De Deux gold alongside senior partner, Rebecca Norval in 2012, with silver a year later.
Senior Individual Female athletes:
- Hannah Eccles from Tillicoultry, Scotland with W H Bentley lunged by John Eccles
- Lucy Phillips from Solihull, West Midlands with Pitucelli lunged by Elizabeth Phillips
- Hannah Young from Scotland with W H Bentley lunged by John Eccles
Senior Individual Male:
- Andrew McLachlan from Scotland with Tylers Kernal lunged by John Eccles
Senior Pas de Deux combination:
- Andrew McLachlan and Rebecca Norval, both based in Scotland, with Captain Jack lunged by John Eccles
Senior Squad (in alphabetical order):
- Kerri Brylka, Harry Cox, Hannah Eccles, Joanne Eccles, Katie Henderson, Andrew McLachlan, , Lisa Mercer, Rebecca Norval, Hannah Young, Joanna Wilson with Tylers Kernal lunged by John Eccles
For Britain’s junior vaulters their World Championships will be contested in Ermelo, The Netherlands, 2-9 August. Great Britain will be sending a strong team to contest the championships, with representation in each of the classes.
Junior Individual Female athletes:
- Sophie Aitchison from Scotland with KCM Vaultinghorses Lord lunged by Andrea Bicova
- Jessica Haynes from Oxfordshire with River of Thyme lunged by Julie Newell
Junior Individual Male athletes:
- Charlie Lochhead from the Scottish Borders with Bankey Moon lunged by Rebecca Hewit
- Atholl Pettinger from Scotland with ILPH Islay lunged by Elizabeth Mackay
Junior Pas de Deux combination:
- Katie Hirst and Jessica Haynes with River of Thyme lunged by Julie Newell
Junior Squad (in alphabetical order):
- Emma Counsell, Aimee Gillie, Elsa Hibbert, Henry Johnston-Smith, Charlie Lochhead, Shannon Purves, Araminta Younger with Royal Dalton lunged by Rebecca Hewit
Senior Chef D’Equipe Ann Rogerson commented, “I’m really pleased to see such exciting teams heading out to represent Great Britain at senior and junior level. For the senior team, with so many championship debuts, it’s a really exciting year for British vaulting and we’re looking forward to heading out to Aachen.”
The British teams are very grateful to the support they receive from official Team GBR suppliers Dodson and Horrell, Equi-Trek, Land Rover, NAF, NuuMed, Point Two Equine, Tagg Equestrian and Toggi.