Following all twelve British horses passing the trot-up earlier this afternoon, the British quartet who will contest the team event for GBR this week at the Longines FEI European Eventing Championships in Perth, Scotland (10-13 September 2015) has been announced.
The team has been named as:
- William Fox-Pitt (46) from Sturminster Newton, Dorset with Mrs Catherine Witt’s Bay My Hero
- Pippa Funnell MBE (46) from Dorking, Surrey with Mrs Jennifer A Nolan, Miss Ruth McMullen and her ownSandman 7
- Kitty King (32) from Chippenham, Wiltshire with Jane and Frank Inns Persimmon
- Nicola Wilson (38) from Northallerton, North Yorkshire with Mary & Gerry Kemp and Mrs Janine Shewan’s One Two Many
Great Britain were earlier drawn eighth to go out of eleven teams contesting the week’s event, which sees fifteen nations participating.
The athletes competing as Individuals are:
- Sarah Bullimore (42) from Keysoe, Bedfordshire with her own Lilly Corinne
- Laura Collett (25) from West Berkshire with Mrs Diana Chappell’s Grand Manoeuvre
- Wills Oakden (25) from Fife, Scotland with Mr David Kenwright and Sylvia Douglas’ Greystone Midnight Melody
- Gemma Tattersall (30) from Horsham, West Sussex with The Soul Syndicate’s Arctic Soul
- Izzy Taylor (32) from Banbury, Oxfordshire with Mr Guy Avis's KBIS Briarlands Matilda
- Oliver Townend (32) from Ellesmere, Shropshire with Mr P J Hegarty’s Fenyas Elegance
- Francis Whittington (37) from Crowborough, East Sussex with Mrs Catherine Witt’s Easy Target
- Holly Woodhead (21) from Marlborough, Wiltshire with Ian and Heidi Woodhead’s DHI Lupison
Part of UK Sport’s National Lottery funded #EveryRoadtoRio series, supporting British athletes’ preparation and qualification for Rio 2016, this summer’s event is the last major Championship before the Olympic Games, where GBR will be represented having already qualified a team spot after the World Equestrian Games last year.
Equestrian Team GBR is supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme; the British teams are very grateful to the support they receive from official Team GBR suppliers Dodson & Horrell, Equi-Trek, Equiline, Land Rover, NAF, NuuMed, Point Two Equine, Tagg Equestrian and Toggi.