In conjunction with Sport England, British Showjumping is pleased to announce that applications have now opened for the second year of the ‘Young Professional’ Programme. This professional development programme has been designed to help British Showjumping members further themselves within their chosen careers, including examples such as breeding horses, course designing, coaching or judging. Please note that the programme is not tailored to rider development, but is for members who have made the decision to step away from pursuing elite rider careers whilst choosing to remain within the sport.
The year long programme will once again take on 8 individuals with the aim of each person having achieved qualifications or experience in their chosen profession by the end.
Operating on a flexible basis, the programme can be tailored to the individual’s profession and a few areas that could potentially be included are:
- Judges Qualifications
- Course Building Qualifications
- Artificial Insemination Qualification
- UKCC Qualifications
- Equine Pathway Education
- Promoting a business
- Managing a business
- Financial reports
This is a great opportunity for any young professional to gain the skills and knowledge required to take develop their own business in a field of their choice.
- Aged 18-30
- For riders competing predominantly within the Bronze and Silver Leagues
- Experience in the profession they want to move into
- Able to provide long term plan and have a clear idea how you can develop
- British Showjumping member
- The applicant must be able to commit to the programme in full and sign the code of conduct
- Reside in England
If you are considering applying for the programme, please note the initial dates below that you may be required on:
- Tuesday 17th November - Induction Meetings
- Wednesday 18th November - Coaches Conference (optional)
- Wednesday 25th November or Tuesday 23rd February - Business Workshops
- Saturday 20th or Sunday 21st February - Horses Inside Out Conference (optional)
- Tuesday 1st March - Workshop Day
If you would like any further information on this programme and the opportunities it provides, please call Anna Garside on 02476 698810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ‘click here’ for an application form. Completed forms should be returned to Anna Garside, either via email or to Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands, CV5 9RG.
Please note that applications close on Friday 23rd October 2015.