Main horse name: HS Drift
Stable name: Drift
Owner: Ann Dark
Dam:Gai Radiant Dream
I started riding from a very early age as part of the South West Group and enjoyed helping and being part of the South West team. I also wrote a series of articles in the South West newsletter. Originally I grew up competing at smaller events with my mum and then crewing her at bigger events. Very quickly I started to compete in different classes to my mum and began riding solo. I began endurance on Golden Charlie whom I achieved my first bronze buckle qualifier on, when achieving this I became the youngest rider at eight years old to complete 30 miles in the country. Over the years I continued to progress through endurance and became the Junior Champion on Dream Catcher I. Although I primarily see myself as an endurance rider I have also been very open towards other disciplines and had even achieved my WES western riding 75 hours buckle along with other successful achievements both in cross country and within the South West group.
I have really enjoyed bringing several horses from Novice to Advanced and then onto FEI level over the years. I like bringing on youngsters and getting them up to the top level, as the bond you get and the journey each one takes is different. Even if it is a challenge, it means that much more by the time you achieve your goals together. Even if I am not riding at an endurance event you may find me helping, crewing, spectating or taking photography/videography. Finding time over the years to give back to the sport, from being a vet writer, giving presentations and talks, writing articles, helping organise a fundraising ride or crewing at the World Endurance Championships for Team GBR.
I have completed over 19,000 successful endurance competition miles over the years
- 16/07/2016 - Euston Park - CEI 1* 80km - 5th - 19.61kph - Winner of best condition award
- 09/07/2016 - Kings Forest - CEI 3* 160km - 1st - 16.2kph
- 13/05/2016 - Royal Windsor - CEI 2* 120km - 18th - 18.2kph - First British rider home/to complete
- 04/10/2014 - Madine, France - CEI 3* 160km - 1st - 16.59kph
** Below are a couple of older but key results**
- 13/07/2013 - Kings Forest - CEI 3* 160km - 2nd in FEI and 1st in National Championship, becoming National Champion 2013 - 17.07kph
- 08/05/2013 - Royal Windsor - CEI 2* 120km - 8th - 23.73kph
- 08/09/2012 - Mont Le Soie, Belgium - CH-EU-YJ-E 120km - 14th place and Team Bronze for Great Britain - YR European Championships 2012 - 17.95kph