World Class Podium Programme
Selection for the World Class Podium Programme is based on past and present results combined with the rider's perceived potential to contribute to team success at major championships.
The squad is selected following discussions between the Discipline Selectors, World Class Performance Managers and the Equestrian Performance Director. Riders are reviewed on a six monthly basis, when targets, support provided and funding available are agreed.
World Class podium potential Programme
The World Class Podium Potential Programme is designed to optimise long term GBR podium success on the world stage through the identification and development of potential world class athletes and potential world class athlete/equine combinations. It underpins the World Class Podium Programme which supports elite preparation and performance at senior international levels.
Selection to the Podium Potential squad is on a two yearly basis but this does not mean that a rider cannot be taken onto the Programme during the two year cycle or removed, if their targets are not being achieved.
Have you got what it takes?
Registrations for the 2016-2018 Podium Potential has now CLOSED.
- Click to download World Class Podium Potential Programme Dressage Selection Policy, 2016
- Click to download World Class Podium Potential Programme Eventing Selection Policy, 2016
- Click to download World Class Podium Potential Programme Showjumping Selection Policy, 2016
- Click to download World Class Podium Potential Programme Para-Dressage Selection Policy, 2016
Notification of achievement of Minimum Performance Standards
- Click to download Dressage Minimum Performance Standards
- Click to download Eventing Minimum Performance Standards
- Click to download Showjumping Minimum Performance Standards
- Click to download Para Dressage Minimum Performance Standards
EQUINE PATHWAY PROGRAMME
The World Class Equine Pathway Programme sits alongside the human development pathway to help identify support world class horses.The purpose of the Pathway is to identify horses that have the potential to develop into medal winning horses, the World Class Programme will then work with and support the riders and the owners of the horses in order to help them maximise the horses' potential.
Entries for the 2016 – 2017 intake of the UK Sport National Lottery funded Equestrian World Class Programme Dressage Equine Pathway is now OPEN.
For more information on the pathway and the links for the policy and the application form click here.
Applications for the World Class Equine Pathway Programme for dressage have now CLOSED.
Further information about the Programme is available by contacting Debbie Lee - email@example.com / 02476 698876