The British Showjumping squads selected for the Children, Junior and Young Rider European Championships that run between the 26 – 31 July 2016 at Millstreet, Ireland are:
- Sienna Charles (13 years) from Alton, Hampshire with Chaitanya 2, a 9 year-old grey mare owned by Peter Charles MBE
- Ben Clark (14 years) from Marchwood, Hampshire with Lanverdel, an 11 year-old bay gelding owned by Kim Clark
- Oliver Fletcher (13 years) from Woolstone, Oxfordshire with Temple Rebus, a 9 year-old chestnut gelding owned by Graham Fletcher
- Lily Freeman-Atwood (14 years) from Shrewsbury, Shropshire with Banana D’Ive Z, a 15 year-old chestnut mare owned by Mark McCourt
- Eleanor Hall-Mcateer (14 years) from Borehamwood, Hertfordshire with Dazzle II, a 15 year-old grey mare owned by Mandy Hall
The Children’s Team medals will be decided on Thursday 28th July at 15:30 hours and the Individual medals on Saturday 30th July at 14:00 hours.
- Faye Adams (18 years) from Halesowen, West Midlands with Ciana I, a 9 year-old grey mare owned by Julie Adams
- Leonie Aitkenhead (18 years) from Gainsborough, Lincolnshire with Clane K, a 9 year-old bay mare owned by Beverley Aitkenhead
- Harry Charles (17 years) from Alton, Hampshire with Controe, a 9 year-old bay gelding owned by Peter Charles MBE
- Scarlett Charles (15 years) from Alton, Hampshire with Sacree Du Rouet, a 10 year-old bay mare owned by Peter Charles MBE
- Emily Ward (16 years) from Neston, Cheshire with Remi Cavalleri, a 10 year-old bay mare owned by Anne Bedford
The Junior Team medals will be decided on Friday 29th July at 12:00 hours and the Individual medals on Sunday 31st July at 16:00 hours.
- Millie Allen(19 years) from Cleveland, Stockton-on-Tees with Balou Star, an 11 year-old bay stallion owned by Udo Oppermann
- Emma O’Dwyer (21 years) from Churchdown, Gloucestershire with HHS Figero, a 10 year-old bay gelding owned by Joanne O’Dwyer
- Laura Robinson (21 years) from Northallerton, North Yorkshire with Jonti, a 12 year-old bay gelding owned by Neal Robinson
- Jake Saywell (19 years) from Newark, Nottinghamshire with Grand Cru Van Paemel, a 10 year-old bay gelding owned by Rachel Gascoine
- Tim Wilks (21 years) from Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire with Quelbora Merze, a 12 year-old chestnut gelding owned by InShowjumpers.
The Young Rider Team medals will be decided on Friday 29th July at 16:30 hours and the Individual medals on Sunday 31st July at 12:00 hours.
Alan Fazakerley will be the Chef d’Equipe accompanying the Children and Junior teams whilst Tony Newbery will be accompanying the Young Rider teams as their Chef d’Equipe.
Further information on the show, and full results once the show is underway, can be found by visiting www.millstreet.horse/eu2016.
British Showjumping would like to thank their consortium of Business Partners who assist support the Youth Squads.
The British Jumping teams are also supported by the Equestrian World Class Programme. The programme, which encompasses both Podium and Podium Potential squads, focuses on identifying talent, developing potential and maximising medal winning performances on the world stage. The Programme has been funded by the National Lottery via UK Sport since 1998 and is a portfolio within the British Equestrian Federation.