Great Britain will field an all-female quartet at the opening leg of the 2016 FEI Nations Cup series which gets underway this weekend in Fontainebleau, France (23rd – 27th March 2016).
The British team, supported by the National Lottery UK Sport funded World Class Programme, has been announced as;
- Laura Collett with Mr Clive Smith’s Pamero 4
- Dani Evans and Smart Time owned by Mrs Luana Edge
- Gemma Tattersall on The Pebbles Syndicate’s Quicklook V
- Izzy Taylor: Horse to be confirmed following the first horse inspection
The 2015 Nations Cup series saw GB top the table after a thrilling final in Boekelo, The Netherlands, and British Nations Cup Team Manager, Phillip Surl, is confident of another strong performance this year; “This team shows the strength in depth we have, all of these riders have competed on Nations Cup teams before, with Dani and Izzy helping to take the series win at the final in Boekelo last year and three of the riders being part of the 2015 FEI European Championships squad in Blair.
“We have a strong squad and are hopeful for a good result this weekend to get our Nations Cup campaign underway.”
Now in its fifth year the 2016 series sees nine CICO3* events taking place in Ireland, Great Britain, Poland, USA, Germany, Italy and Belgium with the final event at Boekelo in October.
The Equestrian World Class Programme has been funded through Exchequer and National Lottery funds via UK Sport.
Competition starts today (23rd March 2016) with the first horse inspection, a full competition timetable and results can be found HERE.
2016 Series Dates
- Fontainebleau (FRA) 23 - 25 March 2016
- Ballindenisk (IRL) 22 - 24 April 2016
- Houghton Hall (GBR) 26 - 29 May 2016
- Strzegom (POL) 24 - 26 June 2016
- The Plains (USA) 08 - 10 July 2016
- Aachen (GER) 14 - 17 July 2016
- Vairano (ITA) 16 - 18 September 2016
- Waregem (BEL) 22 - 25 September 2016
- Boekelo (NED) 06 -09 October 2016