Now nearly half-way through the hotly contested FEI Nations Cup series for Eventing, the British CICO Nations Cup squad that will contest the fifth leg of the series, taking place at the World Equestrian Festival in Aachen, Germany (17-19 July 2014), has today been announced.
After a third place finish at Houghton International, Great Britain currently lie in joint first place with France, with 27 points apiece, with New Zealand close behind in third.
Supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme, Britain will be represented at Aachen CICO by the following five combinations (listed below in alphabetical order).
The team of four will be announced at a later date.
- Tina Cook, aged 43 from Findon, West Sussex, riding Mr Jim Chromiak and her own De Novo News
- William Fox-Pitt, aged 45 from Sturminster Newton, Dorset, riding Mr Christopher Stones’ Chilli Morning
- Piggy French, aged 34 from Maidwell, Northampton, riding Mr Wally French and Mr Michael Underwood’s Jakata
- Izzy Taylor, age 31 from Banbury, Oxfordshire, riding Mrs Di Davies, Mrs Irene Graham and Mrs Anita Dalton’s Orlando.
- Zara Phillips, aged 33 from Stroud, Gloucestershire, riding Gleadhill House Stud's Ltd. High Kingdom.
World Class Eventing Performance Manager Yogi Breisner commented; “We primarily use the CICO FEI Nations Cup Series to give riders experience of competing in a Team environment. The exception to this is Aachen CHIO which is always popular with our riders. This year we head to Aachen with five very experienced riders.
“We hope that we will be competitive at Aachen which is always a hard fought competition that takes place in one of equestrian’s iconic venues.”
Ahead of the Aachen CICO, Great Britain will contest the Nations Cup competition in Strzegom, Poland this weekend (26-29 June); the team selected to compete at the June leg can be viewed online.
The Nations Cup Series continues at the below Events:
CICO 3* Malmö (SWE) 1 - 3 August 2014
CICO 3* Montelibretti (ITA) 19 - 21 September 2014
CICO 3* Waregem (BEL) 25 - 28 September 2014
CCIO 3* Boekelo (NED) 9 - 12 October 2014
The Equestrian World Class Programme has been funded through Exchequer and National Lottery funds, via UK Sport since 1998.