The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) has today confirmed the combinations that have been long-listed for the 2019 FEI Eventing European Championships.
From this list up to six combinations will be selected to represent Great Britain at the 2019 Eventing European Championship, which this year take place in Luhmühlen, Germany, from 29 August to 1 September 2019.
The long-list, in alphabetical order by athlete surname, is:
- Alex Bragg, from Somerset, with Mr and Mrs Ellicott’s 15-year-old gelding Zagreb
- Sarah Bullimore, from Bedfordshire, with Christopher and Susan Gillespie and Brett Bullimore’s 15-year-old gelding Reve du Rouet
- Laura Collett, from Gloucestershire, with Karen Bartlett, Keith Scott and her own 10-year-old gelding London 52
- Kristina Cook, from West Sussex, with Elisabeth Murdoch’s 12-year-old gelding Billy The Red
- William Fox-Pitt, from Dorset, with Jennifer Dowling’s 10-year-old gelding Little Fire
- Piggy French, from Northamptonshire, with Jayne Mcgivern’s 12-year-old gelding Quarrycrest Echo and Trevor Dickens 14-year-old mare Vanir Kamira
- Pippa Funnell, from Surrey, with her own and Marek Sebestak’s 12-year-old gelding Majas Hope
- Richard Jones, from Rutland, with his own, Dinah Saunders and Sandra Martin’s 12-year-old gelding Alfies Clover
- Kitty King, from Wiltshire, with Diana Bown, Sally Eyre, Samantha Wilson and Sally Lloyd-Baker’s 10-year-old gelding Vendredi Biats
- Tom McEwen, from Wiltshire, with Barbara Cooper’s 14-year-old gelding Figaro Van Het Broekxhof and Fred and Penny Barker, Jane Inns and Alison McEwen’s 12-year-old gelding Toledo de Kerser
- Harry Meade, from Wiltshire, with Charlotte Opperman’s 12-year-old gelding Away Cruising
- Gemma Tattersall, from West Sussex, with The Soul Syndicate’s 16-year-old gelding Arctic Soul and Christopher Stone’s British-bred 11-year-old mare Jalapeno III
- Oliver Townend, from Shropshire, with Karyn Shuter, Angela Hislop and Val Ryan’s 12-year-old gelding Ballaghmor Class and Angela Hislop’s 14-year-old gelding Cooley Master Class
- Nicola Wilson, from North Yorkshire, with Mr James Lambert OBE and Mrs Jo Lambert’s 13-year-old mare Bulana
World Class Eventing Performance Manager, Dickie Waygood, commented; "We are very excited and looking forward to the European Championships in Luhmuhlen. Off the back of some phenomenal results by British riders this season, we have a very strong squad to choose from and the selectors will have a tough decision to make when it comes to announcing the combinations that will head out to Germany in August.”
More information on the 2019 European Championships can be found HERE.