The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) is today announcing the nominated entries for the FEI Dressage European Championships, taking place in Rotterdam from 18–24 August.
In alphabetical order by athlete surname, the nominated entries are…
- Lara Butler with Wilfried and Ursula Bechtolsheimer’s 17-year-old bay gelding Rubin Al Asad
- Richard Davison with Gwendolyn Meyer and his own 13-year-old bay gelding Bubblingh
- Charlotte Dujardin with Sonnar Murray Brown’s 12-year-old bay gelding Erlentanz and Emma and Jill Blundell’s 10-year-old bay mare Mount St John Freestyle
- Charlotte Fry with van Olst Horses and her own 11-year-old bay gelding Dark Legend and van Olst Horses’ 10-year-old black stallion Everdale
- Carl Hester with his own, Lady Anne Evans and Ann Cory’s 11-year-old bay gelding Hawtins Delicato
- Gareth Hughes with his own, Rebecca Hughes and Julia Hornig’s 13-year-old bay mare Classic Briolinca
From this list, up to four riders will be chosen to represent Great Britain in Rotterdam.
World Class Performance Manager for Dressage, Caroline Griffith, commented: “We’re really excited about, and looking forward to, the European Championships at Rotterdam. It’s a showground we know well and one that’s been the setting for some fabulous performances from Team GBR dressage combinations in the past. As we build towards the Championships we have seen some fantastic results from all the combinations on the nominated list. I anticipate some tough decisions for the selectors when the final team is chosen. Achieving a place on this list will have been the aim of the owners, riders and their support teams and they have done a phenomenal job to get to this stage.”
Click here to find out more about the FEI Europeans Championships in Rotterdam.