The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) has today confirmed the combinations that have been long-listed for the FEI Para-equestrian Dressage European Championships 2019. The championships are this year being held in Rotterdam from 21–25 August.
In alphabetical order by athlete surname, the nominated entries are…
- Mari Durward-Akhurst (Grade I) with Glesni Owen’s 20-year-old gelding Sky O'Hara
- Nicky Greenhill (Grade IV) with her own and Gary Greenhill’s 10-year-old mare Betty Boo and 11-year-old gelding King Edward I
- Erin Orford (Grade III) with Annabel Whittet’s 16-year-old mare Dior
- Julie Payne (Grade II) with her own 18-year-old mare Pandora
- Sophie Wells (Grade V) with Charlotte Hogg’s 12-year-old gelding C Fatal Attraction and her own 11-year-old mare Diadeem
- Georgia Wilson (Grade II) with her own, Geoff and Julie Wilson’s 10-year-old mare Midnight
World Class Para-equestrian Dressage Performance Manager, Georgina Sharples, commented: “Great Britain’s nominated para-dressage list is comprised of a mix of potentially first-time championship partnerships alongside Paralympic, World and European medal-winning expertise – it’s a great reflection of the strength and depth of the riders within the Equestrian Team GBR pathway. I’m thrilled for the nominated athletes, their support teams, and the horse owners who invest so much into the sport, that their passion and commitment has resulted in performances worthy of inclusion on the European Championship nominated list.”
More information on the FEI Para-equestrian Dressage European Championships 2019 can be found here.