Following a final performance trial at Wolverhampton racecourse on the 22nd July, Endurance GB has announced the team of horses and riders that will represent Great Britain at the 2012 European Young Riders Endurance Championships.
The riders in alphabetical order are:
• Kate Atkinson from Lancashire riding Vanash
• Brett Corcoran from Staffordshire riding Bashir Shamyr
• Carri-Ann Dark from Wiltshire riding Sovereign or Vavavoom
• Beth Langley from Ceredigion riding HS Ametista
• Dace Sainsbury from Dorset riding Balotta
• Andew Theodorou Jamal from Ceredigion riding Jamal
• Louise Rich from Bristol riding Cziko
Team Chef D’equipe Helen Boston said “all our team members are very determined and we stand in good stead for a team medal, particularly following on from a positive and successful pre championship trip to Mont le Soie back in April. The team are not fazed by the challenge and we are all excited about the championships”.
The 2012 Young Riders European Endurance Championships take place on the 8th September at Mont le Soie, Belgium. The 120km championship course sets a great challenge and the 2010 team Young Rider European Champions, France will be out to try to defend their title.
There will be a live twitter feed throughout the day of the Championships @enduranceGB. For further information about the sport of endurance riding visit www.endurancegb.co.uk. For more information about The British Equestrian Team go to www.equestrianteamgbr.co.uk.